Kingspan Kooltherm K17 Insulated Plasterboard
$1,031.97 – $2,229.07
Kingspan Kooltherm® K17 Insulated Plasterboard is suitable for a wide range of commercial projects. *MOQ of 300m2 applies to 40mm, 70mm 80mm and 90mm products.
Made to Order – Allow 1 to 2 Weeks
Kingspan Kooltherm K17 – Insulated Plasterboard
Kingspan Kooltherm K17 Insulated Plasterboard is a super high performance, fibre-free rigid thermoset, closed cell phenolic insulation, sandwiched between a front facing of tapered edge gypsum based plasterboard, and a reverse tissue based facing autohesively bonded to the insulation core during manufacture. Kingspan is renowned among plasterboard suppliers for it’s superbly insulated thermal plasterboard sheets. This Plasterboard is manufactured without the use of CFCs/HCFCs and has zero Ozone Depletion Potential (ODP) and low Global Warming Potential (GWP). Alternative lining boards, such as fibre cement sheets, can also be bonded to the insulation core to create customised finishes and facings in our Kingspan Kooltherm K17 + Insulated Lining Board range.
K17 Plasterboard Features
- Super high performance rigid thermoset phenolic insulation
- Fibre-free, closed cell insulation core
- 3-in-1 insulation, dry-lining and vapour control
- Also available in a range of other selected lining materials
- Group 1 BCA fire classification
- Allows quick response heating and cooling
- Resistant to the passage of water vapour
- Easy to handle and install
- Ideal for new build and refurbishment
- Manufactured with a CFC/ HCFC-free blowing agent that has zero ODP and low GWP
- Compliant with AS/NZS 4859.1
- CodeMark-certified for BCA compliance
Product Description and Durability
If correctly applied, Kingspan Kooltherm® products can be expected to have a long life of service. Their durability depends on the supporting structure and the conditions of its use. Kingspan Kooltherm® products are warranted for a period of 10 years for both residential and commercial installations. This is subject to the terms of the complete Kingspan Kooltherm® warranty
document which is available upon request or downloadable from www.kingspaninsulation.com.au.
Kingspan Kooltherm K17 Insulated Plasterboard has a gypsum plasterboard face. It should, therefore, not be used to isolate dampness nor be used in continuously damp or humid conditions. This product can be applied utilising a variety of traditional or modern dry-lining techniques, to dry and structurally sound walls. These include the construction adhesive bonding method. The particular system employed will depend on the construction or design of the wall to which Kingspan Kooltherm K17 Insulated Plasterboard is to be fixed. If an acceptable adhesive bond cannot be achieved due to the wall surface, consideration should be given to a mechanically fixed option. The tapered edge to the plasterboard enables a flat seamless surface equal to traditional plaster finishes after the correct jointing procedures as per plasterboard manufacturer’s recommendation have been completed.
Construction Adhesive Bonding
This method is for application to brick, block or concrete masonry cavity walls which are free from moisture penetration.
- Ensure that the wall surface to be bonded to is free from oil, grease, paint, release agent, or any contaminate that may affect the bond of the adhesive to the wall.
- Gun apply a continuous blob of construction adhesive around perimeter wall and ceiling junctions, and around any openings, such as windows and doors, in order to provide a seal.
- Gun apply blobs of construction adhesive to the wall or the back of the board approximately 25 mm in diameter (single squeeze), at 300 mm centres in both directions or to specific adhesive manufacturer’s instructions. Ensure that the blobs adjacent to a board joint are approximately 25 mm in from the edge to avoid bridging the joint.
- Tap the board back firmly using a straightedge, ensuring that the vertical edge is plumb.
- Continue dry lining in the same manner.
- Provide temporary mechanical support to the Kingspan Kooltherm K17 Insulated Plasterboard for at least 24 hours.
- Mechanical fixings are recommended to complement the adhesive bond. Apply 2 per board after the adhesive has set, positioned 15 mm in from the board edge and at mid height with a nominal 25 mm embedment into the wall. (Refer to fixing manufacturer instructions for more information).
- It is recommended that mechanical fixings are positioned in the tapered edge of the boards so that they are covered when the board is finished, (e.g. joints taped and skim coating) at mid height. Boards should be fitted tight to the ceiling/joists
Handling, Storage and Installation of Insulation Panels
The packaging of Kingspan Kooltherm® should not be considered adequate for long term outdoor protection. Ideally boards should be stored inside a building. If, however, outdoor storage cannot be avoided then the boards should be stacked clear of the ground and covered with an opaque polythene sheet or weatherproof tarpaulin. Boards that have been allowed to get wet should not be used. The insulation core is resistant to short–term contact with petrol and with most dilute acids, alkalis and mineral oils. However, it is recommended that any spills be cleaned off fully before the boards are installed. Ensure that safe methods of cleaning are used, as recommended by suppliers of the spilt liquid. The insulation core is not resistant to some solvent-based adhesive systems, particularly those containing methyl ethyl ketone. Adhesives containing such solvents should not be used in association with this product. Damaged boards or boards that have been in contact with harsh solvents or acids should not be used. Kingspan panels are chemically inert and safe to use. Cutting should be carried out either by using a fine toothed saw, or by using a sharp knife to cut through the insulation and paper backing of the plasterboard, then snapping the board face down over a straight edge and cutting the paper facing of the plasterboard on the other side. Ensure accurate trimming to achieve close butting joints and continuity of insulation.